Northeastern Regional Sales Manager
NORTHEASTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
- Responsible for the management, planning and administration of sales and channel activities associated with a designated sales territory.
- Set-up customer appointments to conduct sales presentations to promote, sell, and apply our complete product line in a regional sales area.
- Manage assigned accounts as well as developing new accounts, projects or other sales opportunities necessary to meet the revenue goals of an assigned geo-region and associated territories.
- Create/maintain customers relationships for new or repetitive business.
- Supervise, manage, and provide performance feedback to Sales Representatives and Manufacture Representatives/Distributors for the area of responsibility.
- Report to customer job site to assist/provide the proper installation, repair, or startup of products.
- Communicate with the Sales Team and the Production Team regularly to guarantee that sales and client objectives are met.
- Develop annual marketing strategy in conjunction with the Sales Manager and the inside sales team and identify joint marketing opportunities where applicable.
- Perform market assessments, competitor analyses, pricing strategies. Draw conclusions from market assessment data on the competitive environment and the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and targets, and provide ideas and suggestions to the Sales Manager.
- Develop a strategic sales plan that identifies prospects and customers, prioritizes them according to importance and ability to provide results.
- Provide product training at the field and corporate levels for all customer types
- Evaluate and implement appropriate sales techniques to increase regional sales volume
- Submit sales activity report as required.
- Attend various product conventions and sales seminars. Managing a geo-region, including any associated District Sales Managers, to deliver sales revenues, customer support and channel management objectives as defined by the Sales Manager.
- Provide customers with technical support and expertise in reviewing specifications and applying the products.
- Manage sales, profit margins and operational expenses for designated sales territory.
- Developing & executing meaningful growth strategies that will deliver incremental & repeatable sales revenues.
- Developing and updating reliable sales forecasts.
- Identifying, qualifying and converting project and new customer sales opportunities that will contribute to the territory revenues.
Education, Experience & Specific Knowledge Required
- 4 year degree
- 5 years or more of Sales experience
- 3 years or more of leading a Sales team
- Willingness to travel up to 75% in specified territory
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Contract negotiation experience
- Ability to build and nurture customer relationships
- Production of complex sales reports
- Results driven