August 8, 2018
Plans and creates process improvements for the production cells. Creates and documents work instructions and standard work procedures for production cells. Assists in the creation of and piloting of new products and productions cells. Designs and develops fixtures, jigs, tooling and process test equipment.
- Create the process documentation (Work Instructions, SOPs and Standard Work) for the production cells.
- Implement process or design changes that enhance or promote overall quality – Poka-yoke, Design for Assembly, and In Process Testing.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods and equipment; testing finished-product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Develop the routing process for manufactured parts and create manufacturing Bill of Materials.
- Implement methods for improving cell efficiency and reducing waste of materials, reorganizing work flow.
- Conduct hands-on product assembly, as needed.
- Identify and maintain problem areas in the production process as it relates to manufacturing LEAN initiatives.
- Take ownership of new products during pilot production phase through successful and sustained project launch. This includes driving new product introduction schedules, resolving manufacturability issues, and driving improvements for cost and efficiency.
- Provide product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development Engineering to enhance manufacturability and product cost.
- Ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Develop work plans and staffing for each phase of projects and make necessary recommendations.
- Participate in LEAN Initiatives.
- Follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Confers will all levels of management and employee base.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience working within an industrial manufacturing environment
- LEAN knowledge and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with both 2D & 3D Modeling CAD, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks.
- Project management, DFMA, 3P, FMEA, and ISO 9001 quality systems experience.
- Methodological problem solving (PDCA, fishbone, 5-why and A3)
- Automation and test station design and implementation experience.
- Tooling, jig and fixture design experience
- Capable of developing and managing CapEx projects
- Understanding of CNC Machining and TIG/MIG welding operations
- Experience working with automation products/processes and familiarity working with machined components and assemblies.
- Ability to use measuring tools, with hands-on capabilities
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Manufacturing Engineer.