August 8, 2018
Channel Sales Manager
CHANNEL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Responsible for developing an effective channel management program that simplifies and increases effectiveness.
- Responsible for developing and implementing channel partners recruitment strategy.
- Provides leadership and direction for new and current channel partners to ensure they meet business objectives.
- Manage, develop and grow sales channels in an assigned territory.
- Communicate and complete sales reports, territory plans, market updates and management reports.
- Develop and implement effective channel partner management programs and recruitment strategies.
- Research and make recommendations for potential product enhancements or modifications to increase sales channel avenues.
- Effectively forecast and deliver consistent revenues, new customers & project opportunities.
- Create marketing programs that create interest for companies to become partners.
- Work closely with dormant partners to reactivate.
- Service existing partners and lead relationship activities for growth.
- Identify potential partner needs and interests and effectively communicate benefits and opportunities available to meet needs and interests.
- Meet partner recruitment quota as set by the director.
- Partner with regional sales managers to provide support to reactivated and new partners in developing business plans, expense budgeting and marketing plans.
- Follow and support new partners through first product sales and implementation.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of the assigned market, so as to be seen as the expert.
- Function as Project Manager when customer requires a liaison between Sales and Production.
- Support the Sales Team in the promotion and acquisition of new business.
- Conduct presentations about new products and services.
- Monitor the competition and report actions and trends to management.
- Attend various product conventions, sales seminars, and customer meetings.
- Analyze partner capacity throughout the country/region/area to pinpoint activities to match recruiting efforts.
- Perform analysis of partner mix by product specialty and develop plan to ensure recruitment efforts target correct mix of partners.
- Maintain a reliable communication mechanism with sales and product management departments to ensure efforts are in line with objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of partner recruitment and channel management experience, preferably with a valve manufacturer or similar product manufacturer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience in SalesForce.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of the marketplace, competition, customers and products.
- Strong partner recruitment skills including prospecting, forecasting, presenting, and closing large deals.
- Project management experience.
- Proven track record at business planning and achieving measurable goals.
- Ability to create dynamic, complex, highly targeted proposals customized to the specific needs of the customer.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Outstanding people skills. Strong in-person, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to support and motivate others.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Some travel may be involved, up to 25%.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Channel Manager”.